June 26, 2013 by admin

RETCRO CAR

BUSINESS, LIFESTYLE

The history of this brand is rooted in the middle of the last century, when the territory defeated in the Second World War of Germany was under the control of the Allies on the anti-Hitler coalition. In the western part of the country there existed American, British and French "sectors of occupation", and in the east - Soviet. In 1949, the "western" sectors united into the Federal Republic of Germany, and the same year, under the auspices of the Soviet Union, another country was formed - the German Democratic Republic (GDR), which subsequently became the bulwark of socialism on German soil. In it, on the basis of the remaining automobile factories in East Germany, Audi, Horch and DKW, which were part of the Auto Union concern in the 1930's, the GDR automotive industry arose. As early as 1948, these factories and somewhat less eminent German brands (Barkas, Multicar, MZ, Simson, Robur and Wartburg) were assembled into a large industrial association called Industrieverband Fahrzeugbau (IFA), which launched the IFA F8. NONE WITHOUT GOOD As is usually the case with the lack of resources to develop new models, the first post-war cars were nothing but a slightly upgraded pre-war DKW, which had a fairly good demand at the time. Indeed, the new car was only able to be built in 1956, when the model of the R70 was set up. A year later, on November 8, 1957, at the Sachsenring People's Enterprise in Zwickau, he went on to a series of micromachinery P50. In addition to the index, the car got the name - Trabant. In the middle ages, the "trabant" was called the bodyguards of noble persons who followed everywhere their masters, and in later times the word acquired another meaning - "fellow traveler", "satellite". The name of the car was given in honor of a significant event: in October 1957, the USSR launched the first artificial satellite of the Earth. Responsible for the development and production of Trabant on the conveyor was Werner Lang - a young and talented designer, belonging to the post-war generation of German engineers. He gathered a group of young developers who were able to instill an idea that the car they created should be the answer to Volkswagen's appeared Beetle then. And it is Lungu that the car is obliged by many non-standard solutions. Thus, in the production of Trabant widely used advanced materials at that time - plastics (the letter P in the index and meant Plastic). Of these, body panels and some other parts of the car were made. However, the reason for the widespread use of non-standard technologies was not only the desire for innovation, but also the lack of steel sheet. It was necessary to replace it with "duroplast" - a material made of synthetic resin and cotton fibers, which could be applied in virtually any shape. And since the plastic was cheaper than metal, the price on Trabant was established quite democratic - about 5 thousand. GDR brands. The engine was a two-stroke, 2-cylinder with a capacity of 499 cu. cm - similar motors were put on motorcycles. Fuel for them served as a mixture of gasoline and oil, connected in a certain proportion. The unit was located across the casing, which made it possible to use a rather rare at that time front drive. Yes, and the 4-speed manual gearbox was then considered very progressive. The suspension was used independently. Body types were originally offered two - a sedan and a versatile person. The spoon of tar was a system of fuel supply gravity, which in the late 50's of the last century was a clear anachronism. But what you will not do for the sake of saving! Nevertheless, neither the aesthetic nor the technical point of view the car was inferior to the "classmates" produced by Western manufacturers, and a number of them even surpassed. Soon, the novelty received widespread recognition in the GDR, demand was substantially higher than the supply, and people had to wait five, or even ten years, until their turn to "Trabi" - so the owners kindly called their cars. SATELLITE FALLING AND FALLING German engineers have constantly perfected their brainchild. In 1962 the next model - Trabant P600 with the engine, the volume of which was 594 cubes. cm, and power - 26 hp The following year, the P601 was presented, which was destined to go through several modernizations and stand on the conveyor for a quarter of a century. The bodies were again offered two. And since the engine both on the sedan and on the wagon set the same, according to the technical parameters of the machine turned out to be the same. However, the wagon was heavier, which affected the dynamics: its maximum speed was 100 km / h against 105 at the sedan, and for acceleration up to "hundred" the car required half a minute! But due to the low weight and volume of the engine, Trabant spent less than 8 liters of fuel per 100 kilometers in the city cycle and only 4 liters on the highway. On the basis of passenger cars, the production of cars for the National People's Army of the GDR with an open body without side doors was mastered, while the estate was one of the main carriages in the country - the volume of its trunk, if necessary, could increase from 450 to 1400 liters due to